Classic among hikers, with many variations. Dessert or a midnight snack. Wonderful with Hikers’ Hot Chocolate – and even better with some vanilla sauce (ready made ones in the stores weigh a lot, make your own with the White Pudding recipe).
Ingredients for two:
- 60 g dry apple pieces
- 55 g rolled oats (NOT those that are fast to cook, NOT instant porridge)
- 10 g fructose
- 10 g brown sugar
- 5 g vanilla sugar (if no sauce)
- 45 g butter (c. 3 tablespoons)
Weight: 185 g
Need of water: < 1 dl clean water
How to make it:
- Soak the apples in a tiny amount of water until softer (15 min or something).
- Melt the butter on a frying pan.
- Mix oats and sugars with the butter and roast few minutes, until little crispy. Keep stirring all the time, it burns easily.
- Add the apples and cinnamon.
- Feast directly from the frying pan or serve it beautifully with some vanilla sauce and hot chocolate.