This is my most common hiking breakfast as it is fast and easy – and not much dishes to do afterwards. If you stay all day at the camp site or fishing, 70 g oatmeal is most likely enough. To begin longer walks, I’d recommend 100g or some quinoa based porridges.
Ingredients for two:
- 70-100 g oatmeal (1 min cooking time)
- 10 g soya flour or buck wheat bran (c. 1 T.)
- 15 g variety of seeds (eg. hamp, cia, sunflour or pumpkin seeds)
- 30 g dry berries or fruit (or berry cup-a-soup)
- 15 g butter, if you have some (c. 1 T.)
- some salt
- and 18 g dry milk, if you have some (c. 2 T.)
Weight: 125-188 g
Water: 5-7 dl (+ 1-4 dl to make milk or berry soup)
- Devide the porridge ingredients on two plates. Pour boiling water (2,5-3,5 dl per plate) over it and stir well. Add butter.
- Serve the porridge with milk or berry soup: Mix dry milk with 2 dl of cold clean water. OR mix the cup-a-soup with 1-2 dl boiling water and make jam or soup with the porridge.
- Enjoy your porridge before it gets cold.