This soup was supposed to be a festive starter – well it turned out to be lunch one day at the campsite. It’s not a large portion, but at that moment it was enough – at least for my friend who enjoyed the reindeer version. This soup can be prepared all vegetarian, or with reindeer, or half and half.
- 8g dry (summer) onions
- 8 g dry soup vegetables (makes the bouillon)
- 5 g dry zucchini
- 10 g dry black chanterelle
- 20 g light soya groats or flakes
- 25-50 dry reindeer (optional)
- 10 g oil or butter
- 50 g butter cheese (with garlic&herbs flavour)
- salt, black pepper, parsley, marjoram, tarragon and 1 bay leaf
Water: about one liter
How to make it:
- Rehydrate all dry ingredients in a small amount of water.
- Put them in a pan and steam the remaining water out.
- Add oil or butter and fry lightly.
- Add water and spices, bring it to the boil. (If you have time, take a break and allow the soup to wait a while – this makes the taste more intensive. Eventually) cook the soup ready.
- Add cheese and let the soup melt into your mouth.