Poor Knights – that’s the name of this dish in Finnish. Few pieces of almost fresh bread left over from the bus ride to the wilderness – ingredients of a luxurious breakfast. This is suitable also for weekend trips, or Sundays in your garden (then add some whipped cream as well and you’ll have “rich soldiers”).
Ingredients for two people:
- 4 pieces of white kind of fresh bread (eg. 100% oat)
- 20-30 g dry egg (or two fresh ones)
- spoonful of milk powder, if available
- 30 g Blueberry-rasberry soup ingredients (cup-a-soup)
- c. 15 g butter
Weight: 210-300 g
Water: 2-2,5 dl
How to make it:
- Rehydrate the egg in clean water (1-1,5 dl), add milk powder and stir well. Soak the bread in it until it gets soft (10-30 min).
- Boil 1 dl water and make jam ouf of the soup ingredients.
- Fry the bread in butter on a pan.
- Enjoy pancakes with the jam!