Delicious and nutritious vegetarian “steaks”. Easy preparations: you don’t necessary need to dry any incredients by yourself – everything can be found in grocery stores (in Helsinki at least). The patties are easy to make wheat, egg and glutene free.
Incredients for two:
- 25 g dry beetroot flakes and dry onion (cut into small pieces beforehand)
- 30 g dark soya groats (= textured vegetable protein, small size)
- 30 g soya flour (keeps things together, can be replaced by 2 eggs)
- 32 g crushed dry rye bread (it is about 2 slices)
- spices: black pepper (1-2 ml), white pepper (1 ml), salt
- < 1 g dry garlic ships
- 30 g vegetable oil / butter (a large spoonfull)
- one piece of baking paper
- some foilpaper or a lid for the frying pan
- 80 g incredients for mashed potatoes
Weight: 150 g + 80 g = 230 g
Water: 3,5-4 dl (clean) + half a liter to make the mashed potatoes
- Mix the dry incredients together and soad them in 3,5 dl of clean water for two hours at least. Check the amount of water.
- Put the baking paper on the frying pan and add a bit of oil / butter on it. Create small patties on it with a spoon. Make them small enough – easier to turn them.
- Bake them ripe from both sides. Don’t turn them too early or the patties will break into small pieces.
- Make the side dishes: Boil water and make the mashed potatoes. If it’s early summer and you find some willowherb (maitohorsma in Finnish), that makes a beautiful side dish too. Fry the willowherb lightly in butter, add salt and black pepper.